Jahurul Islam Medical College
Jahurul Islam Medical College: Estd. 1992, Total Fees- 39000$
Approved by: BMDC, NMC, WHO
Jahurul Islam Medical College, Bangladesh established in 1992, Jahurul Islam Medical College (JIMC) is the second oldest private medical college located in the village of Bhagalpur, in Bajitpur Upazila of Kishoreganj District, Bangladesh. It is the first medical college situated in a rural area of the country. The college has an area of about 52.62 acres. It is affiliated with the University of Dhaka as a constituent college.
It offers a five-year course of study leading to a Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree. A one-year internship after graduation is compulsory for all graduates. The degree is recognized by the Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council.
The college is located about 500 meters (1,600 ft) from Bajitpur Railway Station. This college campus is arranged among gardens around an S-shaped lake, an academic building, separate hostels for men and women, staff quarters, and Jahurul Islam Medical College Hospital, the college’s 390-bed hospital. The final phase of hospital construction will expand the capacity to 500 beds. In its final and ultimate phase of completion, the hospital will have 750 beds to provide all aspects of medical and surgical services.
The reasons why one should pursue MBBS at Jahurul Islam medical college facilities are as follows: –
- The college provides 5-year MBBS with a 1-year internship to the students. The internship is mandatory and must be taken by all the students.
- The peaceful and healthy environment of the college helps students in their overall development.
- The college has an alumni association which gives a good network for the students.
- It is a residential college which makes it preferable.
- The institute has separate boys’ and girls’ hostels along with the mess facility.
- The MBBS course is less expensive at Jahurul Islam medical college.
- This college is comfortable for foreign students.
- There is also a hospital present making it convenient for the students to understand their profession.