OMSK State Medical University
Omsk State Medical University: Estd. 1920, Total Fees- 29,500$
Approved by: NMC, WHO
Omsk State Medical University, Russia was established in 1920 as the Medical Faculty. It was called the Omsk State Medical Institute in 1925 and was named the Omsk State Medical Academy in 1994.
This medical university has 59 departments. Out of the total staff, 73% of staff members have an academic degree. Omsk State Medical Academy has been constantly ranked among the Top 100 Universities of Russia. Omsk State Medical Academy has got 4th level accreditation.
The duration of the MBBS course at Omsk State Medical University is of 6 years, out of which 1 year is an internship. The university is recognized by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation, the National Medical Commission (NMC), and the World Health Organization (WHO).
Advantages of studying MBBS at Omsk State Medical Academy are as given below:
- The medium of instruction for the MBBS course at Omsk State Medical University is English.
- The price of studying MBBS in Russia is very low at this university.
- The cost of living in Russia is low too as the exchange rate of the Ruble is almost similar to Indian Rupee.
- The university has a friendly and healthy environment for students.
- At Omsk State Medical Academy, over 100 MD-PhD full professors and 300 MD-PhD associate professors are employed.
- There are good dormitory facilities for local as well as international students.
- Indian food is available for the students at the hostels.
- It is one of the top universities in Russia that provides quality education to students.
- The faculties of the university are highly qualified and experienced.
- Students are not required to pay any kind of donation or capitation fees.
The eligibility criteria to study MBBS at Omsk State Medical University are as follows:
- Students must have cleared the NEET exam.
- The student must have completed 17 years of age on 31st December of the year in which the admission is being taken.
- The candidate must have completed class 12th from a regular board.
- The student must have an aggregate of at least 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology if the student is from the General category and must have English as a compulsory subject.
- The students from SC/ST/OBC category must have an aggregate of at least 40% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and must have English as a compulsory subject.