Pursuing MBBS at City Medical College and Hospital Bangladesh benefits students in numerous ways as it provides an enriched campus life along with its academic excellence. The college has one of the best study environments around the campus. The college is recognized by the International Medical Education Directory (IMED), which gives students exposure to working around the globe since the degree provided by the college is accepted by the world. The college has lab facilities that provide students the exposure to practical learning along with theory. The syllabus followed by the college is the same as the syllabus of the medical council of India. College provides a healthy environment for students to prosper in their careers and achieve their goals. Also here medical education is very much affordable as compared to universities in other foreign countries. Practical learning is the core principle of a medical college in order to grow students in all aspects of life and outshine them among others. Modern education and the latest technologies give an edge to its students to be excellent in their MBBS course. The living cost in Bangladesh is also quite mere.
- Foreign students
- The Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) Bangladesh conducts an admission test to choose the candidates for admission.
- Newspapers and websites publish notices about student admission to first-year classes.
- The merit score/position of the admission test, which was administered by DGHS, is used to determine selection.
- Local students
- Anyone who passed the higher secondary certificate exam (A level I. Sc.) in the years 2016 and 2017 will be eligible for admission to the first year of the MBBS program for the academic year 2017–2018. This excludes anyone who passed the secondary school certificate examination before the year 2014.
- According to our government's directive, foreign students seeking admission to medical and dental colleges in Bangladesh must submit photocopies of their SSC and HSC or equivalent certificates and mark sheets, duly attested by their home country's Ministry of Foreign Affairs, to the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), Mohakhali, Dhaka, Bangladesh, through the High Commission or Embassy of their home country in Dhaka for further submission to DGHS, mentioning the n The directorate general of health services (DGHS), Mohakhali, Dhaka, Bangladesh will receive these certificates and mark sheets from the High Commission/Embassy for evaluation of their comparability with that of the students in the area. The Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), Mohakali, Dhaka, Bangladesh, will issue an equivalent certificate before the selection is finalized.
The students must appear before a Medical Board for a medical examination after passing the written exam. Only if the Medical Board determines that the candidates are medically fit will they be deemed selected for admission to City Medical College.