Institute of Applied Health Sciences Bangladesh
Inaugurating on May 13th, 1989, with only 42 students, the Institute of Applied Health Sciences (IAHS) Bangladesh had a modest beginning. Under the University of Chittagong, it continued to operate as an Institute. IAHS became its constituent body under the Faculty of Medicine. Soon after the Private University Act of 1992 went into effect, the University of Science and Technology Chittagong (USTC) was established as a Private University. Hon’ble Chancellor of the Universities and President of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh appointed National Professor Dr. Nurul Islam as President of USTC, and the Janasheba Foundation served as its sponsoring organization. The fact that the Faculty of Medicine currently enrolls many foreign students exceeds expectations.
About Institute of Applied Health Sciences Bangladesh
The Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council recognized the Institute of Applied Health Sciences (IAHS) Bangladesh on July 12, 1990, and Chittagong University allowed students to enroll and take the initial professional exam in 1991. Numerous dignitaries’ visits, both domestically and internationally, improved the organization’s reputation.
The institution’s financial resources up to this point have included admission fees, mandatory guardian contributions for development activities, and donations from some philanthropists and the Anwara-Nur Welfare Trust. The need for creating a Trust (Foundation) to protect the project and preserve the interest was felt strongly. Thus, Janasheba Foundation was established in 1991 and registered under the Societies Act XXI of 1860, with National Professor (Dr) Nurul Islam serving as its founding chairman. The Foundation engages in community health, social welfare, and technical education activities. Thus, USTC is a natural result of this program.
The Institute of Applied Health Sciences (IAHS) is currently operated separately from the University of Science and Technology Chittagong (USTC).
- The Institute of Applied Health Sciences (IAHS) Bangladesh offers a holistic learning environment, full-time faculty, first-rate facilities, first-rate labs, first-rate housing, well-appointed classrooms, and technology-enabled learning.
- The institute provides world-class advanced educational excellence and research.
- The Institute of Applied Health Sciences (IAHS) Bangladesh produces knowledgeable, caring, and skilled medical professionals who are committed to the social values and ethical standards of their profession and lifelong learning.
- MBBS at the Institute of Applied Health Sciences (IAHS) Bangladesh can be a great relief for students who want to study medicine abroad because not every student can afford the high tuition fees charged by private medical universities in India.
- Language barriers are not an issue because English is the language of instruction on the college campus, which is beneficial for preventing all kinds of barriers.
- This college has ties to many of Bangladesh's top doctors.
- Indian students can apply directly to the top medical school of their choice in Bangladesh. There aren't any additional entrance tests necessary.
- The college has a good infrastructure and is well-equipped with all contemporary amenities to make things easier for the students.
- Students from all over the world have access to excellent food facilities as well.
- The hospital will give the community access to immunization and laboratory facilities. It will increase demand for health services for the populace while also reducing future foreign travel and exchange costs.
- It provides the best guidance and career opportunities.
- The college's campus has excellent facilities.
- Quality clinical activities are provided.
- It has consistently improved the general standard of medical education.
- Serving others involves a sense of obligation and providence.
- Additionally, the college is socially responsible.
- The applicants must be undergraduate students who will be 17 years old or older by July 31 and who will not be older than 25.
- Passing the NEET exam is a prerequisite for admission.
- Score in 10+2, UR - 50%, OBC/SC/ST - 40%, PWD - 45%
- Must have passed the X & XII examinations with minimum percentage- 60%.
- Application Form.
- X and XII mark sheets & passing certificate.
- NEET scored report.
- Passport-size photos.
- National ID card.
- Medical Certificate.
- Birth Certificate.
- Cast certificate.
- Migration certificate.
- Transfer certificate.
- Invitation letter.
- HIV test certificate.
- COVID-19 report.
- Bank receipt.
Affiliation & Recognition of the Institute of Applied Health Sciences Bangladesh
- Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council (BMDC).
- Ministry Of Health & Family Welfare.
- MCI, NMC, WHO.
- Doctors can participate in international medical conferences by appearing in the FAIMER, USA, International Medical Education Directory (IMED),
- The UGC has approved the courses.
Quick Information About Institute of Applied Health Sciences Bangladesh
5-year + 1-year internship
Year of foundation
University of Chittagong
WHO, BMDC & MCI
Why study MBBS at the Institute of Applied Health Sciences (IAHS) Bangladesh
- Due to their dedication, skill, education, and years of experience, the professors put a lot of effort into instructing the students.
- The Institute of Applied Health Sciences (IAHS) Bangladesh campus is beautiful, tastefully constructed, and furnished with first-rate amenities.
- No entrance examinations are necessary for the students.
- The university does not request any additional contributions or capitation fees in addition to the tuition.
- The teaching language for medical students from other countries is English.
- Graduates from this college who are seeking medical careers can do so in any nation with openings.
- Attending the Institute of Applied Health Sciences (IAHS) Bangladesh to pursue an MBBS is affordable for students from all over the world.
- Several organizations have granted the institute official recognition.
- While learning the skills necessary to practice medicine in some of the top clinics and hospitals in the world, the student is exposed to a variety of cutting-edge medical procedures.
- High-quality medical education is accessible and affordable thanks to the school.
- The students are immersed in a relaxing environment while they study for their MBBS.
Admission Process Institute of Applied Health Sciences (IAHS) Bangladesh
- Applicants are required to completely complete the application form.
- Candidates must submit an application along with all required supporting materials, including scanned copies of their transcripts from their academic records.
- The medical college, on behalf of the university, will send the applicant an offer letter after reviewing the application and any required supplemental materials.
- Once they have received an admissions letter from the university, candidates for the MBBS program must pay the pending admission procedure fee. In order to apply for a visa invitation letter, they must also provide their passports.
- Following receipt of a letter from the university inviting them to submit an application for a visa, applicants are required to pay the first-year tuition for a medicine course in order to enroll in the university.
- The candidate is now ready to travel and start the MBBS program at the study abroad location after all the preparations.
Duration of MBBS in Institute of Applied Health Sciences (IAHS) Bangladesh
The Institute of Applied Health Sciences (IAHS) Bangladesh offers a 5-year MBBS program with a focus on English literature (IAHS). After completing the MBBS program, each medical student is required to complete a one-year internship. Under the guidance of professionals, the aspirants are given internship opportunities in hospitals. All medical students at the Institute of Applied Health Sciences (IAHS) will graduate with a doctorate.
MBBS Syllabus at Institute of Applied Health Sciences (IAHS) Bangladesh
1 year and 6 months
Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry
1st professional MBBS
Community & Forensic Medicine
2nd professional MBBS
Pharmacology & therapeutics, Microbiology and Pathology
3rd professional MBBS
1 year and 6 months
Medicine and allied subjects, Surgery, and allied subjects, Obstetrics and Gynecology
Final professional MBBS
Fee Structure of MBBS At the Institute of Applied Health Sciences (IAHS) Bangladesh
Hostel and Accommodation at the Institute of Applied Health Sciences (IAHS) Bangladesh
- The hostel is close to the university, so students can avoid paying for transportation.
- Reviews of the Institute of Applied Health Sciences (IAHS) Bangladesh confirm that the hostel facilities, including beds, shelves, blankets, fans, chairs, cabinets, bathrooms, study desks, and laundry services, are fully furnished with both standard and modern amenities.
- Shared accommodations are available in the hostel rooms. One room houses two to three students at once.
- Boys and girls have their own dorms.
- Students can get wholesome, hygienic food all day long in the dorm mess. If students want to prepare their own food, there is a kitchen area available.
- There are common rooms, entertainment areas, and reading rooms available to the students.
- The hostel is constantly being watched by CCTV cameras. It is safe for international students, especially Indian students, to study MBBS at this college.
- Students have 24/7 free access to internet connectivity.
MBBS in Bangladesh
For those who want to pursue a career in medical science, studying MBBS in Bangladesh is a fantastic choice because the institutions have a selfless concern for others’ welfare, which is crucial to building trust. The faculties have the best medical resources and services available to them and are highly qualified. They also make a concerted effort to remove obstacles to health and discrimination in the medical field. The benefits of studying MBBS in Bangladesh are influenced by a variety of other elements as well. MCI has approved the MBBS degree that is awarded by the Government University in Bangladesh. Throughout the five years of the MBBS program, the institutions adhere to the same Indian Medical Council (MCI) syllabus and make use of the same Indian Author books and journals. high MCI Screening Test pass rate for the FMGE test. There are tropical climates in both countries. Bangladesh is a great option for students who want to pursue MBBS abroad but are unable to afford the high donation or tuition costs.
Students have easy access to and can afford the services provided by the country’s medical institutions. Thus, picking Bangladesh as your MBBS study destination is a very wise choice. Because English is the primary language of instruction at medical institutions, there are no language barriers there. Private medical colleges and schools come fully furnished with all contemporary amenities to support the students.
Living Cost in Bangladesh
Amount in USD
Amount in INR
Our Assistance for MBBS Admission at Institute of Applied Health Sciences (IAHS) Bangladesh
EDU Times offers some of the best educational opportunities for those wishing to pursue an MBBS abroad. We not only support students who want to pursue careers in medicine, but we also mold the next generation of learners. We provided top-notch facilities and more than 10,000 scholarships for students who wanted to attend universities abroad. We also give advice on the visa application process and guide students step-by-step through the admissions process. Our top consultants are always available to provide the most precise and useful study-abroad advice.
Popular MBBS Destination for Indian Students
|Country||Average Tuition Fees(INR)|
|MBBS in Russia||12 Lakhs to 40 Lakhs|
|MBBS in Bangladesh||23 Lakhs to 40 Lakhs|
|MBBS in Egypt||30 Lakhs to 35 Lakhs|
|MBBS in Philippines||22 Lakhs to 40 Lakhs|
|MBBS in Kyrgyzstan||13 Lakhs to 20 Lakhs|
|MBBS in Georgia||30 Lakhs to 40 Lakhs|
|MBBS in Nepal||45 Lakhs to 70 Lakhs|
|MBBS in Kazakhstan||15 Lakhs to 22 Lakhs|
|MBBS in Armenia||15 Lakhs to 20 Lakhs|
Frequently Asked Questions
A good place to pursue MBBS is the Institute of Applied Health Sciences (IAHS).
The tuition at this university is among the lowest in the country. Scholarships are available for talented students who need financial support. The university, which is affiliated with Dhaka University, is well known for its first-rate amenities, affordable education, and state-of-the-art technology.
IELTS/TOEFL testing is not required for students enrolled in the MBBS program at the Institute of Applied Health Sciences (IAHS).
The Institute of Applied Health Sciences (IAHS) faculty and MBBS curriculum place equal emphasis on theoretical and practical learning. The theory is thoroughly explained and discussed in class lectures. Students receive practical instruction from experienced medical professionals in laboratories and during their final year of internships.
Yes, students have 24/7 access to wireless internet in both the college and the dormitory buildings.