Sylhet Women’s Medical College and Hospital
Private medical school Sylhet Women’s Medical College Bangladesh was founded in 2005. The entire design was geared toward female pupils. It is located in the heart of Sylhet, in Mirboxtola. The School of Medical Sciences at SWMC is associated with Shahjalal University of Science and Technology (SUST). A state-of-the-art teaching and medical facility, Sylhet Women’s Medical College and Hospital is situated in the city’s centre on 130,000 square feet of land and features three high-rise buildings. A Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) programme is offered at SWMC and lasts 5 (five) years. The Sylhet Women’s Medical College and Hospital are particularly special because of the college building’s distinctive architectural style.
The purpose of the secure, well-structured campus is to promote student growth. The college offers a five-year course on top of that, like the cherry on top, and the following year is for an internship for their medical experience as a great opportunity knocking on their door. They can easily do this in their attached hospital, which has 625 beds, three buildings of nine stories, is a multi-speciality tertiary maintenance referral hospital with all modern equipment open for 24 hours with work for 600 people, a pharmacy, and a cafeteria, and is equipped with all of it. Excellence in Healthcare & Education is the guiding philosophy at Sylhet Women’s Medical College & Hospital. They can easily earn up to $156,000 in stipend money from the internship, which is recognised both nationally and globally. The college’s campus is situated in the centre of Sylhet and features 3 high-rise buildings spread across 130,000 square feet of space.
- The cost of attending college is reasonable; for a 5-year MBBS programme, it is approximately 38000 USD (For 5 Years)
- The campus is secure and gives practical knowledge and research for exposure, as well as sports groups, social services, and numerous humanitarians for various student successes, so the students are safe.
- There is no need to go outside because the institution has a cafeteria where food is prepared in hygienic settings and Indian food is also accessible. This means that the college itself is giving the best nutritious, healthy, subsidised food in hygienic conditions.
- Inside the university is a multi-specialty hospital, which helps students with their clinical practise.
- This can help because the college offers students a variety of medical practical opportunities in their best, most well-organized academic labs, all while offering the highest quality, most efficient care and treatment at a cheap cost.
- The main goal of the college hospital is to provide high levels of patient satisfaction.
- The city is entirely secure.
- Additionally, it offers four professional exams at the end of the year.
- Teachers at this institution have renewed experience because they attended top universities worldwide and completed their undergraduate and graduate degrees effectively.
- Additionally, the college offers extracurricular activities where students can display their exceptional inventiveness.
- By giving students exposure to practical medical knowledge, the college saw a notable improvement in education, notably in the field of medicine. It is now one of Dhaka's premier institutions for medical science.
- The college offers a peaceful setting for learning.
- There must be a NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test).
- To be eligible for MBBS admission, the student must have passed a test like the HS/'A' level or an equivalent exam.
- Before 2017, the student need not have passed the Class 10th, SSC, or "O" level test.
- Before 2019, the student should not have passed the 12th, HSC, or "O" Level exams.
- The student must get a minimum combined GPA of 7 in the Class 10th, SSC, "O" level, or comparable test.
- For both the SSC or any equivalent exam and the HSC or any equivalent exam, the minimal GPA is 3.5.
- The required GP for Biology at the 12th grade level is 3.
- The highest 5 marks in each subject are used to determine the GPA in relation to the marks earned in the SSC/'O' level exams or any equivalent examination. Therefore, the GPA at the "O" level is determined by dividing the sum of the results from the top five subjects by 5.
- The best three marks in each of the disciplines (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) are calculated to determine the GPA in relation to the marks earned in the HSC/"A" level examination or any equivalent test. The total marks in the top three subjects are divided by three to determine the GPA at the "A" level.
- SSC and HSC/equivalent exam certificates
- Photos the size of a passport
- Format for submission
- Documentation of transfer
- Medical certificate and national identity card
- A bank statement and a current passport
- NEET results on a current passport
- Certificate of completion Request letter
- Documentation of Birth
- Documentation of Migration
- Caste certificate
- HIV testing certification
- Analysis of Covid-19
- Documentation of transfer
- Police Clearance Document
Affiliation and Recognition of Sylhet Women’s Medical College and Hospital
- Associated with National Medical Council
- Associated with Bangladesh medical and dental council
- College is officially approved
- Associated with World Health Organization
- Associated with Ministry of health and family welfare
Quick Information About Sylhet Women’s Medical College and Hospital
University of Dhaka
WHO and NMC
5 Year + 1Year of Internship
Aggregate 60% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology with qualifying marks in NEET Exam.
Medium of teaching
Why study MBBS at Sylhet Women’s Medical College and Hospital
- The Sylhet Women’s Medical College and Hospital teaches in English.
- IELTS or TOEFL scores are not required for admission in order to work overseas.
- There is no need to pay exorbitant fees because they are here.
- 35 college departments, including numerous departments in the field of medicine, are involved in the research.
- The college has more than 100 eminent academicians and professors.
- A better selection of contemporary medicine and hands-on instruction for all students wishing to pursue an MBBS.
- Inside the college is a multi-specialty hospital that supports students as they complete their clinical practise.
- The cost of the college’s MBBS programme is 18,00,000.00 Tk. (5 years).
- Also known around the world.
- Students can readily apply for jobs everywhere in that country because Sylhet Women’s Medical College and Hospital offers a degree that is recognised.
- Every year, 160 students are admitted to the MBBS programme at the Sylhet Women’s Medical College and Hospital, and 24 students are admitted to a variety of postgraduate programmes.
- The tranquil environment of the fully air-conditioned, 9,466 book and 3,615 journal enhanced electronic library.
- The college has received formal approval.
- College is staffed with knowledgeable faculty that can expose students to real-world medical knowledge so they can develop their interests.
- The college’s infrastructure is well-equipped.
- Additionally, the college offers facilities for lectures and labs as well as academic resources for students.
- The TOFEL and IELTS requirements do not apply.
- Due to the large number of Indian students, the college also observes various Indian holidays.
- For their physical development, the institution also arranges sporting and cultural events at the end of the semester.
- Also coordinates health camps
Admission Process of Sylhet Women’s Medical College and Hospital:
- Step 1: Fill out the application form and download the entrance form from the BFM website and fill it out with the college name.
- Step 2: Submit academic paperwork, including X- and XII-mark papers (educational certificates), birth certificates, NEET scorecards, and passport-size photos.
- Step 3: Admit cards certified by the Delhi High Commission for Bangladesh
- Step 4: Apply for a passport at https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in/ AppOnlineProject/welcomeLink to complete this step.
- Step 5: Students must apply for a “Visa Invitation letter” for which you need the following: Passport-size photos with a white backdrop and a medical fitness certificate
- Step 6: The final step of the Delhi admissions procedure is the visa stamping.
- Step 7: The university will send a confirmation of offer letter for Sylhet Women’s Medical College and hospital admission after receiving the applicant’s application. After obtaining the offer letter, there would be no need to apply at the DGHS for an Equivalent Certificate; instead, you would just need to submit your mark sheets and supporting documentation to the Bengal Deputy High Commission in Kolkata together with a $60 payment to obtain DGHS clearance.
Duration of MBBS in Sylhet Women’s Medical College and Hospital
The first professional MBBS exam will take place in Anatomy, Physiology, and Biochemistry and will last for 1 year and 6 months. The second professional MBBS exam will take place in Community Medicine and Forensic Medicine and will last for 1 year. The third professional MBBS exam will take place in Pharmacology & Therapeutics, Microbiology, and Pathology and will last for 1 year and 6 months. The final professional MBBS exam will take place in Medicine and Allied Subjects, Surgery. The 5-year MBBS programme at Sylhet Women’s Medical College and Hospital, an NMC/MCI, WHO-recognized medical university, includes a year of practical training (internship) at a reputable associated hospital. You can also apply for internships while studying in your free time. This offers students a fantastic opportunity to complete an internship a multi-specialty nearby hospital in its structure that aids students in their clinical practicum.
Faculties of Sylhet Women’s Medical College and Hospital
- Basic Science
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Forensic Medicine
- Community Medicine
- Medicine & Allied
- Surgery & Allied
- Pathology Department
MBBS Syllabus at Sylhet Women’s Medical College and Hospital
1st -2nd Semester
Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Pharmacology & Microbiology
First Professional MBBS
3rd – 4th Semester
Forensic medicine, Applied epidemiology, Family health internal medicine, Surgery, Genecology, and Obstetrics, Paediatrics
5th – 6th Semester
Eye, ENT, Orthopaedic, Dentistry, Psychiatrist, Dermatologist, Radiologist, Anaesthesiology
Third Professional MBBS
7th – 10th Semester
Oncology, Accident and emergency medicine, Genetic and clinical medicine, Neurology, Cardiology, Internal medicine, General medicine.
Fee Structure of MBBS At Sylhet Women’s Medical College and Hospital
Total Tuition Fee Including Hostel
Sylhet Women’s Medical College and Hospital Ranking
Ranking in Capital
Ranking in World
Hostel and Accommodation at Sylhet Women’s Medical College and Hospital
- The hostel accommodations at Sylhet Women’s Medical College and Hospital are secure and well-appointed.
- The college has separate dormitories for boys and girls.
- For the safety of all students, the hostel has CCTV surveillance 24 hours a day.
- Each room comes with a set of bunk beds.
- The hostel’s WIFI is accessible to the students.
- The hostel offers a clean mess room that is available around-the-clock.
Why MBBS in Bangladesh
- The level of education is very high and comparable to other industrialized nations.
- The cost of a whole MBBS degree in Bangladesh is quite affordable when compared to other countries around the world.
- Medical college graduates in Bangladesh have the choice to participate in a range of international seminars and conferences. Their success as doctors is a result of this.
- Top medical universities in Bangladesh offer top-notch instruction with competent faculty, high standards, and quality standards.
- The MBBS degree and other medical degrees obtained from a medical university in Bangladesh are recognized by MCI. Indian students may choose to work there after graduation.
- The lodging is very affordably priced and offers high calibre standards and services.
Advantages of Studying MBBS in Bangladesh
- The WHO and UNESCO both accept and highly regard the MBBS degree conferred by a Bangladesh Medical University.
- The admission process is made easier by the absence of an entrance exam requirement.
- There is no fee for entry into a medical college in Bangladesh.
- Bangladeshi medical students have the choice to complete internships at some of the most prestigious hospitals and multinational organizations in the world.
- Exercises and practical are provided to students in order to assist them improve their skills.
- Infrastructure, education, and housing standards are on par with those of comparable industrialized nations.
- The hospitals have top-notch technology, infrastructure, and services that meet high standards.
Living Cost in Bangladesh
For international students that select Bangladesh as their study destination, the low cost of living is a big advantage. Whether on or off campus, the total cost of housing is relatively affordable. Students will be relieved to find that Dhaka is one of the least expensive cities in the world to live in, even if the real cost of living will vary based on where you reside and your lifestyle. Most students in Bangladesh can live quite comfortably on a monthly budget of $300 US. Your estimated expenses for food and housekeeping range from $150 to $225 USD. This is based on three meals costing (US$5-7.50) per day. Naturally, the cost will be lower if you plan ahead and share the expenses with your friends. At food carts or coffee shops, local fare like rice and noodles costs between (US$0.5-2.50). A mid-range restaurant will charge between US$2.5 and $5 for dinner. Some students may not need to commute to and from classes if they live on or close to campus. On the other hand, alternative forms of travel can run you (US$ 10–20) every month. The mobile phone plans in Bangladesh are extremely affordable. Your use and the promotional bundle you choose will affect how much you spend. Each month, the typical student may pay anywhere from $3.50 to $10.50.
Every semester, you should budget about (US$12.50–25) for books and stationery, though this might vary widely based on the course you have chosen as well as the volume and type of work you have on your schedule. Your lifestyle is the main factor in determining your monthly personal expenses. However, it is anticipated that the price will range from $25 to $50.
Our Assistance for MBBS Admission at Sylhet Women’s Medical College and Hospital
The EDU Times is among the best for people looking to pursue an MBBS overseas. We direct and encourage students to pursue MBBS degrees and mould the next generation of students. More than 10,000 students received our support in order to enrol in foreign colleges for free and with first-rate amenities. We also provide step-by-step instructions for processing visas as well as admissions. The most precise and useful advice about studying abroad is always available from our best advisers.
Popular MBBS Destination for Indian Students
|Country||Average Tuition Fees(INR)|
|MBBS in Russia||12 Lakhs to 40 Lakhs|
|MBBS in Bangladesh||23 Lakhs to 40 Lakhs|
|MBBS in Egypt||30 Lakhs to 35 Lakhs|
|MBBS in Philippines||22 Lakhs to 40 Lakhs|
|MBBS in Kyrgyzstan||13 Lakhs to 20 Lakhs|
|MBBS in Georgia||30 Lakhs to 40 Lakhs|
|MBBS in Nepal||45 Lakhs to 70 Lakhs|
|MBBS in Kazakhstan||15 Lakhs to 22 Lakhs|
|MBBS in Armenia||15 Lakhs to 20 Lakhs|
Frequently Asked Questions
No, there is no ragging, and the campus and hostel are secure.
The University offers students access to a library, lodging, sports facilities, study abroad for MBBS, distance learning, academic career counselling, institutional hospital, as well as organisational services and facilities for exposing them to a better method of learning and research.
The medium of language is English
Yes, it is widely recognised.
No, this college does not request donations, despite the fact that it offers internships to help students afford their costs.